The "Death to Diabetes" Book (to Reverse Your Diabetes)
Chapter 2. My Coma & Recovery explains the events associated with the author’s diabetic coma and recovery including how the author’s mother, daughter, and sister helped him, the accidents (blessings) that guided him through recovery, and some of his experiences with churches, support groups and other community groups that inspired him to write this book.
Chapter 3. Diabetes Overview describes the problem (diabetes) by identifying the major types of diabetes, and by explaining the science of the disease, the short-term complications, the long-term complications, and the medical tests used to determine whether a person is diabetic. Also, explains the impact of diabetes as a growing epidemic, the root causes of diabetes, why diabetics remain diabetic and fat, the 7 most common mistakes that diabetics make, and several myths about diabetes.
Chapter 5. Macronutrients & Micronutrients provides definitions of the major macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein, fat, liquids) and their benefits. Explains the function of carbohydrates beyond providing energy to include support of cell-to-cell communication and the immune system.
Chapter 6. The 5 “Live” & 5 “Dead” Foods defines the 7 nutrient factors that determine the health impact of various foods and provides the definitions of a “live” food and a “dead” food. Also, defines the 5 “live” super foods and their benefits to your health; the 5 “dead” processed foods and their impacts to your health; the alkaline and acid-forming foods; the importance of juicing; the types of food cravings and how to fight them; the importance of food preparation; food quality (organic vs. conventional); healthy substitutes for sugar, salt, chocolate and coffee; food phobias such as the fear of fat and cholesterol; and a list of so-called healthy foods and health-related scams.
Chapter 8. Nutritional Supplementation defines the importance of nutritional supplements, the types of nutritional supplements; the criteria for quality food-based supplements; and, how to recognize a quality supplement. Also, defines the key nutrients that are required to nourish, protect and cleanse the body; and, the minimum supplementation recommendations for a diabetic. Provides a list of supplements needed to nourish, protect, and cleanse/detox the body.
Chapter 10. Exercise defines the goals of exercise; the types of exercise and their benefits; a sample exercise regimen; exercise guidelines, do’s and don’ts; motivational tips for exercising; and, nutritional tips to optimize exercise.
Chapter 11. Blood Glucose Testing/Doctor Visits explains the importance of blood glucose testing, when to perform blood glucose testing, and how to analyze the blood glucose test data. Also, provides a list of the major blood and urine tests, the vital few blood tests critical to a diabetic; other medical diagnostic tests; the importance of doctor appointments and exams, how to prepare for doctor appointments, and what to do during doctor appointments (to get your doctor to work for you).
Chapter 12. Drugs/Medications explains the purpose of most drugs and provides a list of drugs for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol; and, their dangerous side effects. Also, explains why people take drugs; and, defines a drug weaning process.
Chapter 14. The 6 Stages of Recovery & Reversal explains how to prepare for the journey from Stage 1 (illness) to Stage 6 (wellness); and, discusses the timeline and expectations for recovery. Also, explains what a diabetic should do specifically in terms of nutrition, exercise, and blood glucose testing as he/she progresses from Stage 1 to Stage 6.
Chapter 15. Diabetic Complications explains how to fight the long term diabetic complications of kidney disease, eye disease, nerve disease, heart disease with specific super foods, nutrients, exercise, and spiritual health; and, how to fight other related complications, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high homocysteine, high triglycerides, high body mass index (obesity), fatigue, and frequent illnesses. Also, provides a general wellness strategy and protocol for most systemic, degenerative diseases and the primary root causes of most of these diseases. For each of the aforementioned diseases/complications, there is a specific protocol (template) that includes a list of super foods and recommended nutritional supplements.
Chapter 16. Next Steps defines the next steps that a diabetic needs to take to begin his/her journey to wellness. Also, identifies the major barriers and excuses preventing a person from improving his/her health, and provides a summary of the 10 steps to control and reverse diabetes.
Chapter 17. Recipes of Super Meals provides cooking tips for preparing various super foods and meals, and key tips to prevent one from inadvertently sabotaging their health. Also, provides a list of about 15 simple recipes, thanks to the author’s mother and daughter.
Appendix provides a diagram of the Super Meal Model, a table of healthier alternatives for favorite foods; a list of more than 250 clinical studies and references; and a list of resources including books and websites for super foods, utensils, and exercise equipment, and references to nutrition/wellness websites that provide food-based vitamins/minerals and other supplements.
Other information discussed in the book includes:
- 200 clinical studies and medical references
- The "Biology" of Cells: How diabetes works; and, how to trigger the body to initiate its cellular repair mechanisms (to reverse and cure Type 2 diabetes)
- Why most vitamins don't work: How to recognize the difference between synthetic, natural and food-based supplements.
- Why the drugs such as insulin and Glucophage (metformin) are only effective for a short time and set the (Type 2) diabetic up for failure and deteriorating health.
- How to work with your doctor to safely and successfully wean yourself off the drugs.
- How to save $200,000 in healthcare and medical costs.
- How to exercise properly: to increase glucose uptake and lean muscle tissue.
- Body, Mind & Spirit techniques: how to utilize the Mind & Spirit to connect with the Body; how to relax and reduce stress.
- Natural wellness solutions to address diabetic complications (without drugs): nephropathy (kidney disease), neuropathy (nerve disease), retinopathy (eye disease), cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Natural wellness solutions to address other complications (without drugs): high blood pressure; high cholesterol, homocysteine, lipoprotein(a); frequent infections & illnesses, high body mass index (obesity).
- The biochemical/hormonal wellness solution to weight (fat) loss: how to lose fat properly and permanently; how to address emotional issues, food cravings.
- Websites, contacts for super foods, supplements, exercise equipment, kitchen tools.
The following is a summary of the book's key highlights and topics:
- How the author overcame the coma, insulin and other drugs to reverse and beat his Type 2 diabetes
- How to reverse and defeat your diabetes in 10 easy steps!
- Why diabetics remain diabetic and fat: the metabolic doom loop.
- How to attack the root causes of diabetes to reverse and beat your Type 2 diabetes -- the 10 steps to wellness (to reverse and beat your diabetes).
- The 6 stages of diabetes recovery & reversal: from no glucose control to complete glucose control without drugs
- The 5 major "dead" foods that fuel diabetes and prevent blood glucose stabilization and the reversal of the disease
- The 5 major "live" super foods that help the body to prevent or reverse/beat diabetes while optimizing one's overall health
- How to eat your favorite foods! (Healthier alternatives of various favorite foods)
- The super foods/supplements that reverse/beat diabetes by reducing insulin resistance and repairing sick cells (to reverse Type 2 diabetes)
- The Super Meal Model (The Diabetes Diet): to achieve optimum cell health; Super Meal examples for a typical day
- The critical nutrients that most diabetics are lacking at the cellular level, including the key nutrients that enable the body to repair its cells and increase glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity, lowering blood glucose levels
- The 7 common mistakes that prevent diabetics from controlling and reversing their diabetes
- The 8 "living" elements (factors) that a diabetic must manage to effectively control and reverse his/her diabetes
- The 5 critical health parameters/blood tests that a diabetic should be tracking to evaluate their diabetes
Note: Although the book is focused on diabetes, it is an overall wellness program that can be used by non-diabetics as well. as diabetics.
Consequently, non-diabetics can use the book to address high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cardiovascular issues, chronic fatigue, weight loss, hypoglycemia, detox issues, and other systemic health issues.Note: The "Death to Diabetes" book has become one of the top-selling diabetes books in the country while helping thousands of diabetics. "Death to Diabetes" has recently been rated as one of the top-rated medical books and top-rated health books in the country, by several medical groups and health groups! The book is now being sold internationally in countries such as the United Kingdom, Canada, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Australia, and Brazil.